Thread: No Sound in vlc/mplayer but in dragan player...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

No Sound in vlc/mplayer but in dragan player...

Running Kubuntu 9.04 32bit and I'm having problems with video sound on any mplayer and on the mplayer frontends I have installed as well as vlc but I get sound in dragon player

Please help

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: No Sound in vlc/mplayer but in dragan player...

Quote Originally Posted by kamitsukai View Post
    Running Kubuntu 9.04 32bit and I'm having problems with video sound on any mplayer and on the mplayer frontends I have installed as well as vlc but I get sound in dragon player

Please help

Scrap that somehow PCM got muted

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Try this... See if it works.

Open VLC.

Tools>Preferences>Audio>Output (then select a different output... Like Alsa etc). Save and play something to test it.

Beans

Just in case this will help someone else:

After installing VLC media player on Kubuntu 10.04, I had no sound. I have an HP DV3 laptop. To fix my problem, I had to go to Tools>Preferences and select all under "Show Settings" at the bottom left. I expanded the audio menu on the left, and then expanded "Output Modules". Note that you CAN expand output modules. I don't just mean select output modules.

Under the expanded output modules, another menu appears for "Alsa". On the Alsa tab, I had to refresh the list of possible devices and select my audio device. Lastly, I had to click on "Output Modules", which is the parent menu to "Alsa", and select Alsa Audio Output.

Hope that helps someone else.